– Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark’s fourth album ‘Dazzle Ships’ was released on March the 4th 1983
– the album was produced by produced by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark and Rhett Davies
– The title and cover art were designed by Peter Saville
– Andy McCluskey, Paul Humphreys, Martin Cooper and Malcolm Holmes all played on ‘Dazzle Ships’
– The track “Genetic Engineering” is an overt homage to Kraftwerk, with the vocal arrangement drawing heavily on the structure employed on their track “Computer World”.
– the album was a sharp departure from their previous 3 releases which ended up costing them record sales, but over the years critics have come to realize the musical importance of ‘Dazzle Ships’